When you are working on a task or operations on a computer, you may need to send the files to another computer so the information can be collected elsewhere or stored on another system. This article will provide you with the instructions on how to go about doing it.
Things you will need
- Computer system
- USB drive or external hard drive (& USB connection for external hard drive if needed)
- Connect the external media device and send the files that you want to transfer to the other computer. This can be done by copying and pasting the file or right clicking it and sending it to the media device, once your done sending all the files properly eject and disconnect the device.
- Now connect the external device to the computer that you want to send it to. Then find the file or contents that you want to transfer to the computer, copy and paste it to the location you want to save it to on the computer.
- Then follow the proper procedure to eject and disconnect the external device.
- You can also send files to a next computer through the internet. Files can be sent via an email account, an FTP client or instant messaging program so another person or even you can download it onto that computer at a different location.
Do’s and Don’ts
- Never expose your external device to water or extreme heat because this can cause the device to malfunction.
- Try to back up your files from your computer onto the external drive as often as possible.