Transferring DVR to DVD is not as straight forward as one would expect with all the recent advancements in the area of technology. Although it can be done, it takes a bit of time and setting up, and possibly and additional investment in hardware needed to get the job done. This guide will take you through the steps to transfer DVR to DVD with only your TV.
You will need
- DVD recorder
- Insert the correct type of recordable DVD into the DVD recorder. It should say on the recorder and in the manual whether you need DVD+R/RW or DVD-R/RW.
- Choose the recording speed for the DVD, either SP, LP, or EP; LP and EP allow more recording time on the disc, but the quality will not be as good.
- Play the DVR recording, and press Record on the DVD recorder. You should be able to press Record on either the box itself of the remote control.
- Pause the recorder if one show ends and you want to record another on the same disc. Do not press Stop until you are finished completely.
- Finalise the DVD after recording so it becomes a DVD video that can be played in other machines. The user manual should say how to finalise discs on your machine.
- Visit this link, for additional information on how to transfer DVR to DVD with the use of third party hardware.