Transferring music from LimeWire to iTunes can be done automatically, or manually. Before you transfer music from LimeWire to iTunes or anywhere else on your computer, ensure that you are aware of the potential risks involved with downloading files through programs like LimeWire.
You will need
- Computer with internet connection
- Open the iTunes application
- Select a file
- Select add to library
- Search for the music files on your hard drive; they should be located in the Downloads folder for LimeWire.
- Select the music files you wish to transfer.
- After you have all the files transferred to iTunes, organise them in playlists to your preference.
- Open LimeWire.
- Select the Preference menu.
- Select Saving.
- Browse the destination files to select a folder that is also used by iTunes.
- Highlight that file and click Open.
- Click Apply on the Options screen to save the folder as the destination folder.
- Remember that some files are not compatible with iTunes; these include RealMedia, Windows Media and Ogg Vorbis audio. To play these files in iTunes, you must burn them to a CD and then rip them back into iTunes, or use a utility program to convert them into a format that iTunes recognises.