Transferring digital images to mugs is a great way to add personal touch to a gift or creativity to specialised merchandise for sale. Transferring images to mugs can be done through three basic methods depending on your preferences and needs.
You will need
- Digital image
Transferring images at home
This option requires buying the following:
This will cost approximately anywhere between 500 to 1000 US dollars or more, depending on the quality of the machines.
- If you need to produce a large quantity of mugs, this option is the most practical.
- Print the images to be transferred, from a computer and onto heat transfer paper.
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions to transfer the image from the transfer paper onto mugs that have already been treated with polymer film.
- Heat the applied image up to 450F, to complete the image transfer.
Transferring digital images online
- If you are only making one or two mugs, look into getting them printed online.
- Companies like Zazzle.com allow you to upload digital images from your computer and design your own mug from the comfort of your computer chair.
- The online company will produce the mug to your specifications and ship it to you for a fee.
Customising mugs locally
- If you are working with a deadline, and need your mugs designed fast, look for and hire a local company that offers the service.
- Local companies will have graphic artists that design tee-shirts and other graphics, and also allow costumers to come in and design their own items for a fee.
- Usually, you are able to place your order and receive your mugs within 24 hours or less.