The iPod can easily be connected to a computer as a removable hard drive to access and move around its files. This guide will help you successfully transfer songs from your iPod to your Windows Vista computer.
You will need
- Computer with Windows Vista OS
- Connect iPod to computer using an Apple iPod USB or Firewire cable; if iTunes opens and asks you if you would like to sync your iPod with the iTunes library click NO.
- Open My Computer on Windows computers and look for the iPod drive.
- Open the iPod drive > Organise > Folder and Search Options > View > Show Hidden Files and Folders.
- Open the folder named ipod_control and you should see folders with the following names: Calendars, contacts, ipod_ control, notes and photos.
- Open the second ipod_control folder > Music Folder; copy each of those folders onto your computer by creating a folder on your desktop and dragging the files into it.